So lately I have had a heavy heart . . worrying about this, that, and the other - the normal stresses of life . .
As a Christian, I have been taught not to try to carry my burdens alone, but to "take them to God and leave them there" . . He's your problem solver, your burden bearer, your heavy-load sharer - all of that! . . and trust that there is no doubt in my mind! . . even if God doesn't perform the miracles I pray for, I know that He's able! Amen!
But yes, I've been taught to take my burdens to the Lord and leave them there" . . and this is so much easier said than done . . because we as humans like to see an instant (*snap*) resolution to our problems . . the "do it, Lord, but do it now" mentality . . but we all know that God doesn't work that way . . "He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time!" . . but it's in His time . . so He makes us wait . . but it's what we do during the wait that means the most . .
Do we start to doubt Him, or do we continue to believe? . . Do we hold fast to His promises, or continue to try to fix it ourselves?
I believe that there's nothing God won't do for His children . . if we just have faith and believe . . then after we believe, let go and let God . . hold on to our faith and commit to our trust in Him . . but not only that - thank Him in advance . .
God didn't put us here on this Earth to struggle . . He wants us to be blessed beyond measure - pressed down, shaken together, and over-flowing . . He wants us to have the desires of our hearts . . but we must realize that the struggles that we have - the battles that we fight - are not ours . . they belong to the Lord . . and the quicker we realize that, and operate in it . . the easier our lives will be . .
I really didn't mean to preach tonight, but I realize that I'm speaking more to myself than anyone else . . but I hope that someone else gets blessed by this message as well . .
Remember, the Battle is not yours . . it's the Lord's!
Be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment